International Summer Staff
Welcome to Trout Lake Camps. Trout Lake Camps is a Christian camp located in Central Minnesota, USA. We exist to challenge kids of all ages with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. We teach the basics of biblical faith in age-appropriate ways and incorporate the truths from the Bible in as many ways as possible.
If you are looking for a summer job, enjoy kids, and open to sharing about why you love Jesus and your personal relationship with Him, then Trout might be the place for you to spend your summer.
In summer 2019, we hired 161 college-age summer staff from all over the United States and 11 countries. A summer working at Trout is more than just a summer job. You will make life-long friends, be stretched in new and fresh ways, and see God move in incredible ways. Staff often report that working at Trout is one of the most challenging experiences of their life and also one of the most rewarding.
If you have questions about camp or how to apply email Tait Hoglund.
- Hard workers, people who need to "punch a clock" need not apply
- All-In, Trout staff members view their jobs as their mission trip versus their job
- Lean Forward – Staff members have "can-do", "how can I help?" type of attitudes. When they see problems, they take initiative to fix them themselves
- Love Kids – From the Kitchen, to Housekeeping staff to Lifeguards, we look for people who have a heart for kids, young and old
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus – Why do you Believe in Jesus? What is the gospel? How can someone have a personal relationship with Jesus? Trout staff members should have personal ownership in their relationship with Christ and be open to share that with kids when they ask.
- Believe in the Bible – Trout staff members believe the Bible and it's teachings to be true and point kids to the central truths of scripture.
- Trout staff members don't Take themselves too seriously – They understand the value of humor and know how to always make the best out of a bad situation.
- Food, Housing, and Laundry facilities are provided throughout your employment
- A modest stipend to cover other living expenses, travel, and leisure activities
- Limited access to a computer (usually 1-2 times per week max) to connect with home
- Free Staff T-Shirts!
- Staff Outing and Community Events as available throughout the summer to experience Minnesota, American Culture – (oh you betcha!)
For more information on the positions we hire, see below: