Trout Lake Camps – Join Us As We Close Our Fiscal Year End ($20,000 Matching Gift)
The 2018 summer camp season is coming to a close: Last call for s'mores, one final leap from the blob into the lake, and one more round of musical pie.
Every year when the last camper has left and we have a chance to catch our breath, we're incredibly grateful for this meeting place with God. Every year these numbers are a testament to the work God is doing in this place:
• 683 campers said yes to Jesus for the first time.
• 1,382 campers want to go further in their relationship with Jesus.
• 106 campers want to go into full-time ministry.
• 4,336 campers attended Trout Lake and we served another 843 campers in the Twin Cities through our day camps—for a grand total of 5,179 kids.
• 25 summer staffers served at Trout from 13 different countries.
We play hard at Trout, and all those campers having all that fun takes a toll on our facilities and equipment. Wearing things out means we're making the most of them, but it also means unexpected replacement costs.
This year we seem to be hit with a number of expenses we didn't plan for, and it means we're coming up short—by $50,000—for the end of our fiscal year (Sept. 30):
• A week before camp started our main water line at The Point completely failed and had to be replaced.
• The average Trout vehicle is 19 years old and has 169,000 miles—we get a lot out of them. But this year those breakdowns came too often and we need to replace and/or repair some vehicles.
• This year our boats were in and of service getting repairs, which really hampers what has always been our most popular activity.
We're hoping to close this funding gap and maintain a decade-long tradition of hitting our financial marks. Your donation will help us get there and ensure that Trout can handle another year of heavy use. The great news is ever dollar given between now and Sept 30th will be matched up to $20,000. If you believe in the Trout experience and our mission of reaching kids for Jesus, please consider making a donation before Sept. 30.